Trip to liverpool & OOTD



Hello fashionistas!

My blog post today is going to be a bit different to what I would normally post. I thought I would share with you all, pictures of my trip to Liverpool. As you may know my dad is a massive fan of Liverpool FC, so he decided to take us down to Liverpool for a few days.

On Tuesday afternoon we attended the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster; people came in their thousands to pay their respects to those fans who did not make it home that dreadful day of April 15th 1989. We laid flowers to commemorate the 96 people who passed away.The atmosphere in the stadium was that of distress and sorrow as the mother of one of the victims paid her tributes. The souful choir sang exquisite hymns in harmony which made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and created a sense of tranquillity throughout the stadium.




                                                 
       The Hillsborough memorial service tickets and the hymn booklet issued when we entered the stadium.  

Shankly's gates reading 'You'll never walk alone'.

Hundreds of scarfs tied to the railings of the gates to remember the deceased fans of 89'.


The thousands of football fanatic fans that attended the ceremony.

After the memorial ceremony, I was longing to try the scouse traditional meal of curry &chips;
believe me when I tell you that it tasted better than it looked.



Tuesday evening we explored a few places in Liverpool, we located Mathew street best-known worldwide as the location of the cavern club where The Beatles played on numerous occasions in their early career.

Me posing with the John Lennon statue.

Unfortunately the shop was closed when we arrived.

A photograph of The Beatles in their younger days.

My favourite make-up shop M.A.C.

                                                  We visited a chinese buffet for dinner, the food was delicious!
                                                       
                                                         Black & white attire (OOTD)




  We went for a ride on the echo wheel of Liverpool in Albert Dock and saw some spectacular sights, the big cathedral and our hotel (Hampton by Hilton).

I was very apprehensive going on this ride because I am not great with heights but I am so glad I did.
Jess and myself on the Liverpool wheel.



              We spend the whole of wednesday sight seeing, visiting muesums and shopping in the city centre.
OOTD

Visiting the slavery museum was truly moving; witnessing what black people used to go through has completely changed my perspective on life. I have learned alot from the brief 45 minutes in the muesum.


My blog post was longer than usual today and I have cut alot out of my two days spent in Liverpool ( I will spare you the boredom). These pictures were taken with my Nikon Coolpix L120 and my I phone 5.



Hope you are all well, thank-you so much for taking the time to read my blog it means alot.


Leah x









Comments

Popular Posts